Friday, September 09, 2005

Eat at Earls!

Have you seen that episode of Seinfeld where Elaine notices that all the waitresses at a diner share similar "attributes"? Well, I think I found the equivalent bar/restaurant: Earls, in Winnipeg.

I don't know who Earl is, but his decision to dress his waitresses like Fembots from Austin Powers is a great one, and the fact that they're all gorgeous doesn't hurt either. I went in for a bit of lunch and thought I'd strayed into Hugh Hefner's private bar, in 1964.

But anyway, besides the obvious attractions there, it does good food and serves my current favourite Canadian beer: Alexander Keith's IPA, so it's a winner all round. It also ranks quite highly in my "bizarre holiday conversations" competition, with the following exchange:

Earl's Door Fembot: "Hello sir, where would you like to sit today: bar or lounge?"
Me: "Well, what's the difference?"
Earl's Door Fembot: "Well the bar has a TV, and lounge has a giant moose"
Me: "I'll try the lounge then thanks."

No comments: